Pro Bono: The ideal candidate should have a strong commitment to design requirements of the high-level wireframes, UI kits, UX, and prototypes. You are an accomplished UI/UX designer who wants to give back to Tech for Good. You want to give back and make an impact. You may have a first career and want to do this as a second career, or, you are financially independent. We are excited to have you join our global team and help serve the world in philanthropy.
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model®. UniversalGiving® has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. UniversalGiving® also has been featured in more than 16 books, including the new edition Harvard Business Review Book, HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback, Arianna Huffington’s Thrive, and Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen’s Giving 2.0. We have also been acknowledged six times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and are highlighted in Huffington Post’s list of best volunteering matching websites. We continue to gain momentum, with dozens of articles in the Christian Science Monitor and monthly contributions on Forbes. To date, we have matched more than 22,000 volunteers worth $31 million dollars’ of volunteer hours.
– Creating a robust/attractive/scalable component-based design for UniversalGiving®
– Creating user experience deliverables including: wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, process flows, user scenarios, data diagrams, and clickable prototypes
– Ensuring ideas translate to functional specifications, through entire development process
– Ensuring all designs multi-platform: Complete functionality desktops, mobile, tablets, etc
– Building visually compelling frameworks that convey concepts and actions in simple terms
– Allowing the majority of UI to be editable by non-technical people through Content Management System (CMS)
– Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
– Must have E-Commerce website design experience
– At least 5+ years of UI/UX design experience
– Strong understanding of Human Centered/User Centric interaction design principles
– Experience working on Agile methodology and projects (Agile/Scrum development process)
– Proven experience designing, architecting, and optimizing websites and/or applications, with a strong preference for consumer– facing transaction focused interfaces
– Experience creating responsive designs on website, mobile, all platforms’ standard displays
– Proficiency in Figma/Photoshop/Illustrator/OmniGraffle/Sketch/InVision, or other visual design and wireframing tools
– A portfolio featuring examples of visual and interaction design work with a focus on process
Duration and Location
– The position is available part-time (5-20 hours per week
– Long-term commitment to UniversalGiving® and our mission
– We provide remote positions with a highly globally focused team from more than 20 countries, including Russia, China, Japan, Ukraine, Georgia, the Philippines, Haiti, Germany, Canada, the Kurdish population, South Korea, the U.K., Brazil, Kenya and many more.
Complete your application on UniversalGiving®. https://universalgiving.org/jobdescription?jobId=18. You may also access the Job Openings on the UniversalGiving®’s website: Please visit the Careers section in the footer. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applications submitted through UniversalGiving®’s website will be considered.
UniversalGiving® is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations. Please see our policy on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Our Vision is to “Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life.”®
LinkedIn: UniversalGiving Page
Our Founder and CEO, Pamela Hawley:
Blog: Living and Giving (CEO blog)
Facebook: @Pamela Hawley
LinkedIn: Pamela Hawley
Other similar jobs that might interest you