ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges. ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops and supports applications to provide innovative technology solutions for business challenges
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Computer Room Operator to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Computer Room Operator’s primary responsibility is to monitor servers, operate peripheral equipment (such as consoles, printers, and tape drives), move data offsite for disaster recovery, and assure that all systems are available and stable.
Your contribution may include:
* Monitor system consoles and respond to system requests and errors in accordance with established guidelines and operating procedures.
* Mount tapes and other storage devices, remove them, and prepare them for offsite transportation.
* Monitor the production batch job queue and resolve problems with scheduled jobs.
* Operate the system printers including but not limited to the mainframe line printers, document printers, and check printers.
* Assist programming staff with abends.
* Monitor building systems in the corporate headquarters (fire suppression, power, HVAC) and take appropriate action in emergencies.
* Monitor nightly backups of disaster recovery data and ensure all data is transported offsite in a safe and timely manner.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
* Education: BS/BA degree in Information Systems or equivalent field preferred.
* Experience: At least one year of experience in related field preferred
* Detailed knowledge of mainframe operating environment and all software and hardware associated with this environment.
* Detailed knowledge of Zeke and Zebb scheduling and rerun software.
* Detailed knowledge of check printing procedures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service experience.
* Understanding of ABT IT environment, standards, and procedures.
* Must be capable of lifting 45 pounds.